Friday, December 2, 2016

PHANTOM KNIGHT



PHANTOM KNIGHT


He's the angel with dark wings
From within the deepest pits
The knight from your sweetest nightmare
The phantom from your ethereal fantasies.

He'll get under your skin
And before you even know it
You're spellbound, enthralled and dazed.

And from the shadows, in he comes
The dark prince lulling you for a ride
Should've run the other way
For you'll see not wildflowers and meadows
But black roses and streams of crimson
Flowing from your bleeding heart.

 He's a wolf in a sheep’s skin
Lurking for unsuspecting preys
Drawing in willing victims
Like a fire to a moth.

What was little red riding hood thinking?
Just before she got swallowed by the wolf
Did she see the haunting in his eyes?
Did she see a glimpse past into his soul
For I think I did, I swear I did.

I saw a wounded warrior beneath that facade
I saw lost innocence and long forgotten dreams
Oh how I ache to break through that shield
How I long for the sun to shine down on him.

That one day, just one day
My dark angel would take flight
Out of darkness and into the light.

No comments: